Monday, September 19, 2011

FFwD - Cinnamon-Crunch Chicken

Since I couldn't find speculoos, a thin, buttery cinnamon and spice cookie, that the recipe calls for I used the next best thing an American cook might consider...Teddy Grahams! Admittedly there wasn't much crunch but  one must make do with what one has, n'est-ce pas?

This recipe has only three ingredients, chicken, cookies and creme fraiche.  I think it needed a few more.  It was a bit bland. Truthfully, mine became a kind of cinnamon pepper chicken in creme fraiche and I ask you, what's wrong with that?  While the recipe as a whole didn't excite me I was happy to cook with creme fraiche.  I see it in recipes all the time and Dorie often recommends it in her recipes but I never actually tried it.  Dorie's right...sour cream isn't the same thing...not at all!  Its more like a cross between buttermilk and sour cream with a tad of heavy cream thrown in.  I'll warn you though, it is a bit pricey $5.99 here in OKC for a 6 oz. tub!

Check out all the cooks in our French Fridays with Dorie project.  We have fun and learn tons.  You might even want to join in!

4 comments:

  1. Lola, I never got to make this dish because we were away for the weekend. I might just take a pass though...not sure I like the flavor combo. Yours does look yummy...love your little bear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't get a chance to make this, either, but since I wasn't too keen on it, I wasn't disappointed. But, I'm happy to know you liked the Creme Fraiche - that, I would like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the Teddy Bear on the chicken - very whimsical. I think the fact that the cookies melted into the creme fraiche is the reason I ended up liking this one... Creme fraiche is a pleasant surprise.

    ReplyDelete