Friday, January 7, 2011

FFwD - Paris Mushroom Soup


The holidays are over and its good to be home. I'm looking forward to a great 2011! Yes, I'm a resolution maker. Most of my resolutions have something to do with fitness and self improvement.......I'm an optimistic sort of person.

The French Fridays project is loads of fun, even if I am struggling to keep up! Hopefully, as we move into 2011 my schedule will sort itself out and I'll get my food done in a timely manner. Sound like a school teacher don't I?

The Paris Mushroom Soup is very easy to prepare but took me longer than it seemed to take most of the participants. Is it just me and my stove or what...........onions are never tender in 5 minutes!

Dorie recommends making a 'salad' of mushrooms, scallions, and seasonings, place it in the bottom of the bowl and ladle the soup over it. I think the presentation is more interesting with the 'salad' on top:)

This soup is good but we didn't like it as an entree. This is more a soup course kind of soup. Or that's the way we see it. Be sure to stop by www.frenchfridayswithdorie.com and see what the other cooks are doing. You might want to join in the fun!


1 comment:

  1. I sometimes wonder if it's a matter of stovetops. When I've had a gas range, things seemed to cook more quickly than when I've had an electric stovetop. I think my partner agrees with you that this is better as a soup course than a main.

    ReplyDelete